My trademark iris

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Shop When I'm Bored




Why is it I always complain that I never have time to just sit down and do nothing, then when I HAVE to stay off my feet, it drives me crazy? I had foot surgery this past Wednesday to fix the toes I messed up wearing high heels. I was in constant pain and decided it was time to do something about it.

Now that I have so much time on my hands, I've been doing some browsing and window shopping. My wish list has grown considerably. A few of the new additions to my list are shown above.

I noticed that one of my online friends can do anything she sets her mind to. Linda, also known as Papernclay makes fused glass jewelry. She also makes polymer clay pieces. Her watermelon beads were awesome! She does origami and can make a crane out of your wedding invitation. Recently she started learning lampworking and I am in awe of the beautiful beads she has made already. People like Linda inspire me to try new things. You can find Papernclay at Etsy.com and ArtFire.com.

No comments: