My trademark iris

Friday, May 8, 2009

Time To Rant


I am becoming more irritated every time I grocery shop. Recently I noticed that the Nutri-Grain cereal bars that I have eaten for breakfast for several years have shrunk to 1.3 ounces. The wrapper is still the same size as it's always been, the bar is just 2 inches shorter than it used to be. Same goes for toilet paper. The rolls are 1/2 to 1 inch shorter than they used to be. Check the next time you put a roll on the roller. It looks stupid with all the extra space. A pound of coffee has shrunk to 12 ounces. Potato chip bags are half full and puffed up with air. Cereal boxes are twice as tall as the bags of cereal in them.

Do the manufacturers think consumers are stupid? We are getting half as much for twice the price. If toilet paper wasn't so expensive, I'd look up some of the CEO's of these companies and roll their houses.

1 comment:

Niki said...

lol at " If toilet paper wasn't so expensive, I'd look up some of the CEO's of these companies and roll their houses."