My trademark iris

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

The year 2010 is upon us. A new year and a new decade. I'll happily put the last decade behind me. About the only good things that came out of it were Duane & Nita getting married, Greg got his life together and got married. We welcomed Amber into the family. I reunited with a childhood friend and I met several glass artists online that have become great friends. One personal triumph was quitting smoking.

I lost my mother and mother-in-law within 3 months of each other in 2000. My last grandparent passed away. I saw another side to some relatives and didn't want to see anymore. I learned to accept things for what they are, I can't help someone that doesn't want help.

Making resolutions usually don't work for me. So I'm just going to continue to take care of myself physically and mentally. I can do that and hope that this decade will be much better than the last.

No comments: