My trademark iris

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bobtail Babies!



It's been a year since I began volunteering with New Leash On Life and helping take care of the cats up for adoption at PetSmart in Providence Place. I've even adopted Sabrina, a beautiful black cat.

One of the other volunteers recently found a pregnant female cat and her 6 kittens abandoned on the side of a busy road. They came right up to her so she took them home. She took them to the vet, had them check out and all have been spayed and neutered. The kittens are 5 months old and all but one have bobtails. The mother is also a bobtail. I am fostering 2, actually 1 because I'm keeping Bubby, the grey/black tabby. Dawn (who found the kittens) and I are being picky about who gets these little guys. There will be no charge for them, but they must be kept indoors.

Bubby and Milo, who is white with a grey striped patch on his head, have been here for a week and a half and are just adorable. No trouble at all, they are very well mannered. I took them for their booster shot yesterday and both weigh 6 pounds. I may end up keeping Milo if he's not adopted soon. UPDATE: I'm keeping Milo too, and his new name is Bunny!

I have to wonder what kind of a person would abandon a cat and kittens beside a busy road. Do they sleep at night?