My trademark iris

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Poison Ivy!

This shade garden looks great this year, but deceptively so. I was cleaning out some wild strawberries and hackberry seedlings and must have gotten into poison ivy. The underside of my left arm made pretty good contact, and it is still in the itchy stage. Liquid Bandage works pretty well until it starts peeling off.

My columbine has reseeded very well in this bed. My red trillium has mulitplied this year, but my pink bleeding heart didn't come up. There are 2 lavender azaleas that I just planted to replace the old ones that died due to the drought last year. My 5 goldfish survived the winter in the pond. One is pretty fat, so I'm hoping for babies!

I have spent the last week planting the garden and shrubs and opening the pool. I am dog tired at the end of the day, but I really don't care. I am thrilled to be outdoors and doing what I love. Poison ivy won't stop me.

1 comment:

woolies said...

I am so allergic to poison ivy. You should see what happens to me!!!
Not very pretty.....
:0(