My trademark iris

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Granite



One of my boys works with granite. They fabricate and install granite countertops, backsplashes, fireplace hearths and surrounds and windowsills. The company has weathered the economic slump, but it was rough.

Looking at the growing pile of scrap granite, my son decided to use the sink cut-outs for cutting boards and trivets. Since I already sell my stained glass online, I listed some of his cutting boards in my ArtFire shop. Some are 8 inch square, some are 12 inch and there is a 4 inch trivet. Each one is 3/4" to 1 inch thick and all have plastic or felt "feet". They are heavy and the weight makes shipping out of the US too expensive. They are only available in the continental US and are shipped in Priority Mail boxes. My ArtFire shop is www.artfire.com/users/GlassFancy

I have had one of these cutting boards in my kitchen for awhile and absolutely love it. It's not going to scoot around and is going to last forever. I have another that I use under a large planter, to keep it off the carpet. Works great and looks nice! Recycling these granite scraps is a great idea.

No comments: