My trademark iris

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!!





Christmas is almost here, I have run myself silly and still have a million things to do. I haven't gotten gifts wrapped but I have finished grocery shopping. We have so much food in the house I had to bring the cooler upstairs and store some of the extra stuff in it. All the boys (and girls) will be here and the house will be full. That's all I need for Christmas.

I saw a young father on television a few weeks ago, who was at the unemployment office signing up. He had gotten laid off and was so upset that he laid his head on the table and cried during the interview. He and his wife had 2 young children. It tore me apart. No one should go without at any time of the year. I have tried to be as generous as possible with charities especially this year. So many people are out of work already, Christmas presents don't really seem that important to me.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope that you enjoy spending time with your family and friends.

No comments: