My trademark iris

Sunday, December 7, 2008

You Never Know


This weekend I was one of the vendors at the Two Rivers Mansion Open House hosted by the gracious Stones River Women's Club. I was invited by my neighbor who is a member of the club. This was my first time there so I wasn't sure what to expect. Several vendors were no-shows, so there were only 4 of us on the 2nd floor of this fabulous 1850's mansion. I don't think I have ever met so many nice people at an event, which was the smallest I had been to this year but well attended. I sold more stained glass this weekend than I have all year. Several of my more expensive pieces sold this weekend. And I discovered that I have been targeting the wrong age group. My daughter-in-law helped me Saturday, which was really special. When she married my son, their wedding reception was held at the Two Rivers Mansion (see the photo), so we both loved being there again.

The downstairs parlors and main hallway were decorated by local florists. They were serving punch or hot spiced tea and cookies in the dining room. The upstairs vendors got the broken cookies and they didn't last long! I had so much fun and have been invited back next year.

No comments: